About Center Stage Dance Academy
Professional dance instruction for all ages
Center Stage Dance Academy is committed to providing each and every dancer personalized, professional, quality dance training in a creative and fun environment. We have been providing such dedicated instruction at various locations within the Huntley and Lake in the Hills communities since 2000.
We strive to provide each dancer with the perfect combination of professionalism, creativity, technique, discipline, inspiration and fun. Whether your interests are to learn the art of dance just for fun, as a matter of a healthy exercise regime, or to be a member of our competitive performance team, we have the class for you.
Center Stage offers a wide variety of classes and skill levels for ages 2 through adult. We also offer recreational through competitive classes. Dancers are encouraged to take ballet as part of their dance curriculum as this is the basis of all styles of dance. Because of this, most of the Level I classes incorporate ballet into the curriculum. Center Stage wants their dancers to have a well rounded base of dance technique to ensure success in their dance career.
Center Stage Dance Academy’s philosophy is to offer top quality instruction from an amazingly talented and experienced staff at a reasonable fee in order to allow each individual to experience the art and love of dance.
Typically, Fall sessions focus on building a dancer’s technique and strength. At the conclusion of the fall session, students are evaluated and placed in the proper technique level for the Winter/Spring session. Winter/Spring is the time when registered dancers begin preparing for their elective participation in the annual summer dance recital.
7 Qualities of a Good Dance Studio
(Center Stage possess all of these attributes)
- Professional Setting. A professional dance studio will focus on one thing: your child’s continued progress in dance. Many dance studios are commercial in nature, focusing more on fun and recreation. If you want your child to learn proper technique and receive quality instruction, choose a professional studio with serious instructors.
- Qualified Teachers. Just as all dance studios are not alike, neither are all the dance instructors. The dance instructor is crucial to your child’s future success as a dancer. Bad habits learned at a young age are extremely hard to break. Make a point to check your instructor’s qualifications and that they are readily available.
- Cushioned Dance Floor. Certain styles of dance can put stress on young bones and joints, especially ballet, with its many leaps and jumps. Look for a professional floor that can absorb the shock of jumping.
- Limited Class Sizes. Ensure there is a limit to how many dancers are allowed in each class offering so your dancer gets quality instruction time and individual attention.
- Pleasing Environment. The overall environment of a dance studio is the key to your child’s success. The dance studio, as well as the staff, should be warm, comforting and inviting. The studio should be clean and well-maintained. The dance room should be spacious, with mirrors covering one entire wall. You should have free access to a water fountain and restrooms.
- Realistic Expectations. A quality dance studio will not offer serious ballet training under the age of seven. Experienced dance instructors know that before the age of seven, the body is not ready for the demands of ballet. Also, a quality dance teacher will have very strict guidelines as to when your child will be able to start dancing in pointe shoes. Dancing on our toes requires tremendous strength and ability in order to prevent injuries to the feet and ankles.
- Reasonable Tuition and Fees. You should have access to the fee structure and the cost of costumes and recital fees. Inquire about the cost of recital tickets and other fees associated with the annual dance recital